We all look forward to 2010 with great optimism, or do we? Some people may speculate that 2010 will be a year of global economic recovery. I would like to think that way, but I feel it will be a year of survival rather than recovery. (more…)
Archive for 2009
- STREET BEAT – Late last night I spontaneously decided to check out the after dark scene in Bangkok. I went to Climax Club on Sukhumvit Soi 11 and it was rocking! This is where Thai girls like to party after dark and there is no cash ‘n’ carry for a Thai takeaway. Don’t be shy give it a try!
- STREET BEAT – Formerly known as Spice Club, the renamed Climax Club is located in Ambassador Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 11. It is now open late and gets going from 2am onwards. The Thai DJs stereotypically play techno and hip hop music. Well, that is if you can call that music!
- STREET BEAT – I also did a street beat patrol of the ‘pavement pubs’ that are located from Sukhumvit Soi 5 right up towards Asoke. These unlicensed mobile bars are turning over a fair trade. From my intensive research I discovered that a beer will cost you 80 baht at all the pavement pubs. Bloody hell, I’m feeling rough today!
- DAVES RAVES – I like to shop and eat at Foodland, but Sukhumvit Soi 5 transcends into ‘Little Africa’ after dark. It makes Caucations feel like you are Tarzan!
- PAVEMENT PUBS – The Bangkok Post published an article entitled ‘Bangkok’s sleazy street of shame’ – QUICK CLICK
- DAVES RAVES – This Christmas Thailand did not have the tourist troops marching in as expected. None of the beach resorts in Thailand were particularly busy for the time of year. Hopefully New Year’s Eve will be busier.
- BIRTHDAY BOY – My website celebrates its 3rd Anniversary. Thanks for your loyal support over the years, it is always appreciated. Cheers! (more…)
- BANGKOK CLOSING TIMES – Patpong, Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza are closing between 2:00am and 2:30am. It depends upon the MIB or Men In Brown. #
- SUPER SAVER – Subway Sandwich on Sukhumvit Soi 7/1 is open 24 hours. ‘Sub Of The Day’ costs you just 69 baht. Join the Sub Club! #
- SOI COWBOY – Dollhouse Go-Go Bar still have ‘Crazy Hour’ from 7:00pm until 9:30pm. Standard drinks are only 60 baht each. Check it out! #
- SOI COWBOY – Renowned ‘booby trap’ Dollhouse Go-Go Bar offer Heineken Draught for 80 baht all night, every night. More beers and cheers! #
- BEER BUFFET – Cathouse Bar above Big Dogs in Nana Plaza, offer a ‘Beer Buffet’ on Chang Draught Beer. All you can drink for just 250 baht. #
WISHING YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM BANGKOK
Seasons greetings! Once again Christmas is just around the corner and so, yet another year has almost ended. I don’t know about you, but 2009 has raced by for me. This leads me to think, where has the year gone? I must be having a mini middle-age crisis! Nonetheless, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays! (more…)