New Year’s Eve In Bangkok

Yet another year has raced by and New Year’s Eve is upon us. It leaves me wondering why the months fly by, as though we are in a time warp… Woosh!

It has been a year of mixed fortunes for me, you could call it the good, the bad, and the ugly! But, for the best part it has been good, especially towards the end of this year. My mate and popular Bangkok columnist Stickman said, ‘I really think 2012 is going to be your year Dave.’ Now that’s a nice thought and I hope Stickman is right. Hope you have a great year too Stick!

You will notice that I took a short break from updating this website over the Christmas holidays. I intend to resume writing regularly in 2012 and I think it will be with more passion. I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyal support, because the end of this year marks the 5th Anniversary of my website. Technically speaking it is a blog, but as my friends remind me, the amount of content qualifies it as one of the most comprehensive guides to Thailand nightlife in its own right.

I want to thank my webmaster Toby, who has greatly improved the look of the website, made it easier to navigate, and considerably increased the web traffic to its highest level ever. My sincere thanks to my webmaster – good job Toby!

2011 has been a challenging year for me in both my professional and personal life, but without going into detail, it is time to move onwards and upwards! My message for 2012 is as follows… Life is so precious that it is priceless, so don’t let anything spoil it and savour every moment. As my beloved late father used to say, ‘Live every day as though it is your last and one day you will be right.’

Wishing you every success and happiness in 2012 and as always, thanks very much for your friendship. Happy New Year!

Daves Raves – The secret to surviving the New Year’s Eve Party is to treat it as a marathon and not a sprint. Now that’s coming from a 13-year veteran go-go bar manager… I wonder who that is!?

Happy_New_Year_Thailand

Follow Me On Social Media Now!

Tags: , , , ,

14 Responses to “New Year’s Eve In Bangkok”

1. Thanks Johnny and all the best to you for 2012. I bet it is brass monkey weather in England right now. I don’t envy you, I am fortunate to be a prisoner in paradise!

2. Al says:

Who’s the girl in the photo, Dave?
    May next year be one of great achievements. That which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger, and I know that this year has made you stronger. Happy New Year, my friend.

3. Sumo A-Go-Go says:

Dave The Rave! Good to see you posting! I have to agree with Stickman. 2012 will be the year of the Go-Go Guru. I hope to see you in a few weeks when I am in Bangkok. Stay upright and breathing…the rest will work itself out.

4. John says:

Always enjoy reading the blog. Keep up the good work.

5. @ Sumo – It will hopefully be a good year for the Go-Go Guru and Sumo A-Go-Go. All the best for 2012 big guy. See you soon, cheers!

@ Al – The photo is from my webmaster. What I do know is she is a stunner! Thanks Al and all the best for 2012 to you bud. Cheers!

@ John – Thanks and I will do my best to write more regularly in 2012. Cheers!

6. kheenaio says:

Sawadee Pee Mai, Chok Dee Khun Dave, I C D pound racing up noe i’ve left Thailand. Let’s see it up over 55 by songkran, that will get the punters back m8. Have a safe and peaceful new year’s eve and happy new year. ATB.

7. Bill says:

WOW who’s the girl, all the best Dave, hope to see you this year. Bill

8. Tristan says:

All the best for 2012 mate.

9. Art says:

Hey

HNY Dave – It is 2:30 pm here in Sunny California, about 75 degrees comfortable. So you have alrady had your midnight call. Yes that photo is one major good looking number,
    can she be found? See you soon.

10. Art says:

Upon closer inspection – I think I see what may be a wedding band. Oh well – no surprise.

11. Happy New Year Dave! Pop the cork on some champagne! For myself I popped my cork way too many times at Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy last month. Already planning the next trip for 2012. Next year we should have a beer at Nana and compare notes! Keep up the great posts on the latest happenings at Nana!

Bangkok Partier

12. Dale says:

Hi mate,

hope life is treating you well in sin city, as you say onwards & upwards, no time to feel sorry for yourself when times are tough, its the hard times that makes us stronger. You are a fantastic host & good friend, all the best for 2012. Will be sliding into Bangkok for a few days probably mid May.
    cheers Dale x

13. Kheenaio says:

Sorry if I’ve got the wrong Dale, but r u my bro from Norfolk drivin’ a cab m8? I’m over in April for songkran but back 2 blighty after the 1st week of May. Sexy beast? Always remember the X-zone episode. Happy new year regardless. ATB.

14. Dale says:

Hi Kheenaio,

Yes thats me mate, not been on a forum since 2008. I love to keep up with Davethe rave, stickman etc. Anyway all the best & see you in LOS sometime!